ISCC-EU certification can be used to demonstrate compliance with the legal requirements for sustainability and greenhouse gas savings criteria set out in the Renewable Energy Directive (REDII) for all European Union member states. These include:
- Biomass fuels for the production of electricity, heating and cooling.
- Agricultural and forestry biomass
- Wastes and residues (including residues from agriculture aquaculture, fisheries, and forestry
- lignocellulosic and cellulosic non-food materials for biofuel production
- liquid biofuels and biomass fuels, including advanced biofuels
- biogas for transport (biofuels and biogas, according to Annex IX Part A of RED II)
- Biofuels, bioliquids and biomass fuels with a low or high risk of indirect land use change (iLUC).
- Liquid and solid waste streams of non-renewable origin for the production of recycled carbon fuels.
ISCC certification goes beyond the legal requirements of RED II by covering additional environmental and social requirements.
ISCC-EU is a certification system to demonstrate compliance with the legal requirements for sustainability and greenhouse gas emission savings criteria of the Renewable Energy Directive (EU) 2018/20012 (RED II).
The verification of compliance with the ISCC requirements as well as the issuance of ISCC certificates is only carried out by ISCC recognized certification bodies
ISCC - International Sustainability and Carbon Certification - is a globally applicable sustainability certification system and covers all types of agricultural and forestry biomass, biogenic wastes and residues, non-biological renewable materials and recycled carbon-based materials
This certification system can be used to demonstrate that the sustainability criteria for the generation of electricity and heat from solid and gaseous biomass comply with EU Directive 2018/2001/EG – RED II
As a so-called "system provider", ISCC has created a certification system accredited by the EU Commission with which the requirements of RED II can be checked for conformity and has been approved by the EU Commission - in addition to other system providers (SURE, REDcert) - in the EU.
Zertifizierungen und Umweltgutachten
ISCC ID: DE202